Playspot of the Week

Playspot of the Week
Ottawa River, Garburator, Level - 0 1/4

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Deschenes Rapids - Lower JJ's Wave

Lower JJ's Wave is situated on the Quebec side of the Deschenes Rapids on the other side of the channel, next to the ruins.
Safety: DO NOT RUN THE DESCHENES RAPID from above! The Deschenes Rapids are dangerous at all levels. The rapid along the Quebec shore runs through an old hydro facility that has crumbled. As such, it is full of potential pin spots that can kill if you run it from above (see the pictures below). Never paddle alone

Parking is at the end of Martel street.
Google Link - Lower JJ's Wave

The put in is about 20 above the wave. You will have to ferry accross, drop in the wave and then eddy out to surfers left. This eddy is quite boily and, at times, you feel that you are being pushed into the wall nearest the wave. This is a Class III+ playspot due to the numerous surrounding hazards. The remaining structures are essentially big strainers. There are multiple holes and potential pin spots throughout the walls.
About 100ft below the wave is a small shallow pourover so you might want to roll up quick.
The wave usually appears at around 57.7 on the Britannia Gauge
                                         

                                          Ruins
                                          Rebar
                                          Lower JJ's Wave
                                          Lower JJ's Wave

2 comments:

  1. i was just browsing along and came upon your blog. just wanted to say good blog and this article really helped me.
    strainers manufacturer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone, I am Adorjan Adelmo from Yasinya village, Ukraine and I just want to say a very resounding thanks to Pedro Financial loan services for their sincerity, Openness, Transparency, Truthfulness, Love and support during and after getting loan funds from them. I have been through a lot in the hands of in life and time won’t permit me to say all that I went through in the year of pandemic, but God answered my prayers through the support and love from Pedro Financial loan services who embraced me and understood me despite my initial doubt and unserious ness and with his good heart and love I am now a homeowner through his 3% interest rate loan funds and I have vow to spread this news and also tell the world that there are still genuine and few good online loan firms out there that can assist and also revive a dry bone like I was.



    Don’t fail to listen and read this testimony because this is a true life-changing experience and anyone that needs this kind of turn around should not hesitate or doubt this because I have proven, and I swear to God in Heaven, that this story is real and also the story of my experience with them.



    Contact them today for Consolidated loan, business loan, home loan, car loan, personal loan.



    Email: pedroloanss@gmail.com

    WhatsApp number +1-863-231-0632.

    ReplyDelete